Interested in writing a guest post for StartupBros?
Awesome - because we'd be happy to consider publishing your work.
Please take some time to review this entire page -- it should answer any question you have about what kind of content we're looking for and how the submission process works.
Here's What We Want to Publish
We expect no-fluff, value-first content, but don’t be afraid to show off your humor or personality — this authentic approach works well with our audience.
Overall, the tone of our blog is very conversational. We want our audience to feel engaged, like we’re speaking with them - not at them - or worse, down to them.
We focus on creating in-depth, media-rich "how-to" content, with a special emphasis on action-ability (and engagement).
We like our readers to follow along and implement the strategy or method or at least see the value it brings to them so much it slaps them in the face.
Our voice is a little snarky. We get straight to the point.
If you think your post fits can fit that description, then please keep on reading!
Submitting Your Guest Post
Note About [Picking a Topic We'll Publish]
If you don't know how to use google to search within our site for content there's a tutorial you can check out here. Make sure we haven't written about the topic before pitching us.
1. Pick a topic: Relating to one of the categories that you’re most passionate about writing a kick-ass, well researched, in-depth article for. Don't be afraid to take a unique spin on a topic or expand past what we've described.
2. Come up with a headline and outline: Lay out the overall structure of the post and give a few brief details for each section.
3. Submit the form below: Submit the form below that includes your headline and outline.
4. Wait for us to approve your outline. We should get back to you via email within a few days with a proposed published date.
5. Make any requested revisions. Some of our guest posts go through 2-3 rounds of revisions, and we also go through and make our own edits.
If all goes well, we will publish your guest post within a month of accepting it.
Do not send us an email without filling out the online form below.
It will be deleted.
Increase Your Chances for a Reply
There has to be two things in your form submission:
- A Great Promise: Just one or two sentences telling us what the reader should know when they're done reading and what they can take action on.
- A Great Hook: What makes the potential post exciting to read. What's the angle you're going to take that makes the post a "Must-Read".
How the content machine works
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions.
But, if your article meets the standards we're looking for and fits inside our content strategy, we'll get back to you and work with you to get the post published 🙂
It's possible that it might take a few weeks to get back to you.
We don't offer sponsored posts and do not require payments to post. We just want awesome content that helps people.
We do allow writers to cross-link to authority sites throughout the content. Authority content requires linking 🙂 but you cannot link to a landing page where readers have to opt-in.
- You are allowed 2 links to your website in the body of the post
- You get 1 link to anything in your bio
That’s it – we look forward to seeing your submission!